Tuesday, February 2, 2010

while i wait to brave trauma with my family

...I've been wandering around the internets. I read a lot about Gypsy vardos and some about the Rom language. I read about Cabinet Beds. I read about Dooce's family and wondered at how good and clean and lovely their life looks in photos. I found a blog about Curiosities. And one about Amsterdam street fashion. And a new food blog with wonderful pictures. And a jewelry store that makes it's necklaces from antique wax seals. And a home store that makes beautiful one-of-a-kind prisms with little bits of nature inside.

And I want a prettier life.

One that's sweeter, where I can wear more jewelry, nicer clothes and eat better food all the time. Where I can watch the shows I want when they're on, and go to movies more, and take piles of pictures of all of us being young and happy and successful. Where I have time to write a book or two a year, and still grow a big lush garden. Where none of us have to do things we don't want to do just to survive.

I want a life where we all get to do what we want to do and can still pay the bills.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...