Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Spai Mee - Spiderman
Buh-bee - Bumblebee
Au Pai - Optimus Prime
Ai Mee - Iron Man
Bobart - Poptart
Maa-maa - Max and Ruby
Yumiyumiyumiyumi - Team Umizoomi
Breh - Bread
Cha-Chichi - Chocolate cookie
Monday, May 20, 2013
Friday, May 17, 2013
I used to live about a mile from here, and this was one of my favorite places to go downtown, even when I worked there and didn't want to be downtown anymore! They have hand-made, gourmet, all-fruit Popsicles in a range of really cool flavors. According to their website, right now they have:
Cucumber Lemon Mint
Mexican Hot Chocolate
Honey Honey Dew
Since I'm no longer there, I think I'll have to take this list as a starter and make me some 'cicles this summer...
How about you? Have you made any or found any in interesting flavors? Share!
'via Blog this'
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- I'm almost saved up for my trip to Tallahassee to see my twin-from-another-skin, H! I lived with him for almost a decade, and it's been almost a year since we parted ways, and I MISS HIM. Come July, I'm'a be a happy camper.
- I get to see a preview showing of Star Trek Into Darkness tonight because of my brother's magnanimity in buying me a ticket! I've been thinking about this all week, and about My Future Husband Benedict Cumberbatch*, and about how ST is probably my very first fandom, going all the way back to marathons showed during typhoons when I was living in Japan at age five. And what a great experience the first reboot movie was.
- Once I get my bus ticket**, I can buy my ukulele! What I really, really want is my Woodrow, but I love the idea of working up to the hand-crafted stuff, and I like ukes, and they're cool now, so they're easy to get my hands on. Think of all the new brain-pieces I'll be building!
- Season finales are killing me into tiny pieces - I don't do well with cliffhangers; they're conversations that haven't finished, like when you're on the phone and the signal drops you, and you can't get back to them.***
- I don't know how I'm going to pay for my storage, where everything I own is, next month, and it's kind of wearing on me.
- ACV! I was looking up what to do about swollen lymph nodes and came across an article that said Apple Cider Vinegar helps to break up mucous and cleanse lymph nodes, and so I was like, it costs almost nothing, why not give it a try? So I did yesterday, and today there's almost no swelling, next to no pain, and I'm sold. I've also been using it as toner on my face, which so far has done wonders for my rapidly-changing complexion****, it's about fixed my heartburn, it's supposed to help with weight loss, and it actually tastes pretty good when you dilute it down*****.
- I need to get more bottles for the nail polish shop so I can make the May colors, but I'm Short of Funds there, too******.
- I'm considering going vegetarian for a month or three after graduation and before the holidays to see if I can kick start the weight loss and the re-healthening, if the ACV doesn't cause a miracle to happen there--or maybe even if it does. I feel like I've been eating too much meat, fat, starch and salt, and not enough veggies, greens and cleaner protein. This might also be a good time to try going back to seasonal eating, as seasonal veg are cheaper!
- I have 40 new books to read from a Library Book Sale, and I'm just wallowing in the good fortune of so many pages I haven't crammed into my head yet. It's like living in a miniature book store!
- The Doctor Who season finale is this week, and the previews show Bessie and a tree from the Pertwee era and Clara might finally make sense--and then it should lead straight into the 50th, if all goes well. And then I have to wait another flippin' year for actual episodes, though we do get two specials this year between the 50th and the Christmas Special, so it's bittersweet in several directions.
This is Yu Xian #81, a sort of silvery, sagey green that I really love. I found this for a buck in a big box of Chinese nail polish leftovers at the Daytona Flea Market a couple years ago, and I never did manage to get back to get more.
Coverage is great; this is two coats. Drying is a little on the slow side, and I know from last time I wore it that removal is a bit of a bitch. And it smells exactly like that model paint my dad used to use on his miniature military planes when I was a kid. I'm guessing it isn't 3-free, but I haven't had any weird skin reactions either, so there's that.
Up again! Which is why I've decided to switch methods. I'm drinking apple cider vinegar for clogged lymph nodes, and it's meant to help burn fat, too, so there's that. I'm cutting out and reducing the number of snacks during the day--it's gotten out of hand again. I'm getting more activity already, so that should start paying off soon. And I'm doing what I can to get back to yogurt breakfasts and soup and salad lunches. All things I know have worked for me in the past.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Look how beautiful that cup is! I want to build my whole home around that particular cup, and the fact that it has a delicious-sounding drink in it only makes it better.
Here's this week's lovely:
MAKES ONE COCKTAIL
1 1-inch cube of pineapple
1/4 oz. simple syrup
1/2 oz. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. maraschino liqueur
1 1/2 oz. rye whiskey
Champagne, to top
Lemon twist, to garnish
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the pineapple, syrup, lemon juice, maraschino liqueur, and whiskey. Add ice and shake well. Strain into a coupe, top with Champagne, and garnish with lemon twist.
- The kiss-to-hide-from-someone-else scene
- The Christmas-party-mistletoe scene
- The dace-until-you-realize-things-are-heating-up scene
- The separated-in-a-crowd-and-needlessly-worried-and-then-hug-on-reunion scene
- The stop-them-from-talking-by-touching-their-mouth scene
- The I-didn't-know-it-was-you-but-I'm-glad-it-was scene
- The O'Henry-secret-sacrifice-for-the-other-to-have-something-special-but-they-already-secretly-sacrificed-for-you scene
- The show-up-at-your-house-without-any-real-reason-to-be-there-but-you-let-them-in-anyway scene
- The oh-my-god-I-just-realized-we-can't-do-anything-by-ourselves-anymore-and-I-need-space-but-now-I-miss-you scene
- The I'll-help-you-over-this-breakup-let's-do-something-fun-they'd-never-do-anyway scene