Monday, October 18, 2010

wow! long time, no post!

I feel like I've been haunting my own blog, wandering through the back rooms, looking at comments, playing with tags, but not writing any new posts. So here's a rundown that will probably not be quick, but will hopefully be at least informative.

TMI alert: I started out last week with some improbable combination of a UTI, a yeast infection, my period and a head / chest cold. Things were pretty horribly uncomfortable for a while there, and I need to have a word with my immune system about allowing everything to blow out at once. Maybe it was a biological form of global pole shift or something. My immune system harmonics are all reversed now, but they're working again. I beat them into submission by drinking a whole bottle of cranberry juice and half a bottle of orange juice every day for the last week... and now I'm addicted to cranberry juice the way I was addicted to grapefruit-ade at the start of the summer.

Work is... stupidly tense. The schedule can't be perfect and now we're not allowed to switch shifts, which puts me probably missing a required chat at school tomorrow night unless they'll let me leave early, and boss-lady is getting ever more uptight about tattoos. It's not like any of us can take them off when we come into work. Or that any of us will forever not get new tatts because we work there (it's not like it's an office or a cube farm, and she doesn't pay us enough to start dictating our lives and aesthetic choices like that). I just sort of don't want to have to bother with it anymore. When I'm there, it's fine, so long as no one bothers me directly, but dealing with the public and their low-blood-sugar is getting harder and harder, especially when I'm sick, and I'm finding myself railing more and more against the basic operation of the place. But there is no way I'm going to get another job or a new job unless it's something professional and in my field. This is going to be my last day job.

I'll be going to school again soon. The first term is almost over, and in the next two weeks, I need to turn in my last 25 pages, a self-evaluation, a book report, registration paperwork, and book my tickets. Crazy! But I'll be traveling much lighter this time, since last time was crazy with the heaviness, and this time I don't have to bring things like towels and an alarm clock. I got the lovely lady who made my purse for me to scale up the design and she's going to make me a bag to travel with so I don't have to check my luggage, and can save about 50$. Sweet, no?

I am in love with this site: Fuck Yeah Tattoos. I want more. And work being stupid about them just makes me want them more.

And that's about it for me. Cold, work, school. My life is small now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...