Monday, January 17, 2011

2010 in review

I don't know why I've been putting this post off, but I have been. And now it's time to get it off my back so I can put off writing other posts. Ha! Just kidding. Mostly.

Anyway.

2010 was a better year than 2009, but I think that was really only by default because oh-nine was just so sucky. It was a quickie year, and it got me closer to where I want to be... And maybe I'm unhappy with it because it didn't quite get me all the way there and I'm burning out on always worrying about my future. Or maybe I'm just pessimistic because of this cold I brought back with me from Rez.

The rundown: the good
I started school again: grad school at SHU, in a wonderful writing program that I feel so lucky to have found.
I got my school loans out of default.
I started paying off some of my debts.
I was hired to write for TVGA and NYJB, both of which I really enjoy.
I found a boy.
I started a new novel and managed to get more than a hundred pages in before it was too much for my brain.
I got to visit family some.
I learned a little more of independent living when Hayden was away in China.
I survived a lot of room-mate shuffling.
I read 44 books and innumerable magazines.
I started downsizing my mess.
I got a nifty new haircut.
I lost about 15 lbs.
I joined a gym and have been moderately successful about sticking to it.
I didn't go crazy and kill everyone in the world during the work drama.
I figured out how to use my soldering iron and successfully cut down several of my own bangles.
I met some wonderful new friends.
I got a new nephew.
I got some new pen pals.

The bad:
I lost my gramma.
I missed ICFA for the first time in seven years.
I've been far too poor, and almost all my savings have been eaten away.
I didn't manage to find a new job, inside my field or outside.
I didn't reach my goal weight.
I didn't meet most of my writing goals for the year.
My allergies are getting worse, especially my skin-affecting ones.
There was far too much illness and unhappiness in the family.
I didn't get anything published in the paper-and-ink world.
I missed Hayden.
I spent all summer waiting for school, and still felt unprepared.

How was your year?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...