Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankfulness



This year, I'm thankful for:
  • This lovely new house, even if it's accompanied by my longest-running lack of ordinary work.
  • That same lack of ordinary work that has let me put so much effort into getting my writing career off the ground, and getting the legs under my freelance writing career.
  • For Hayden, Alex, Ally, Leo, Nick, Sam, Lauren, Christine, and everyone else who makes life fun.
  • That my dad is still here, even being sick.
  • That my mom is still here, even when they keep having to take parts out and turn her into a cyborg.
  • That Alex's family just sucked me up like another cousin, without a second thought.
  • That the cats are starting to get along, even if they still fight sometimes.
  • That I'm finally free of a tourist town, for the most part.
  • The Troublemakers, in their entirity.
  • The intermittent Fall weather; it's better than no Fall weather at all!
  • That I still have candied sweet potatoes and butter down there in the fridge, to eat for breakfast once I'm done here.
  • For technology and all the neat things it lets me do (this next year is going to be full of side-projects, I can tell).
  • For our yard, and the fact that there's enough of it for me to plant things in the spring and have a lovely garden.
  • For Binka, who keeps me warm when it's cold.
  • For all our wallspace, to finally hang up all our pictures.
  • For unusual design and storage solutions that make this house ours, and not anyone elses.
  • For the Muppet Movie I get to go see tonight.
  • For the leftovers, even if I didn't get to boil down the carcass for broth this year (we'll just have to roast a chicken later).
  • For the greeness and tree-ness of this place we live in.
Thank you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...