Saturday, June 29, 2013

Update! I know, right?

I've been busy. I'm currently at my last residency for my MFA, and this Sunday I'm graduating with a grown-ass degree and a pretty dress. This past month up until this week was all writing, revising, doing paperwork, redoing paperwork, picking pages to read for my thesis defense, writing speeches, packing and traveling.

So yeah. Not much blogging.

But in addition to that, I've gone on a new diet. We're pretty sure that most of my health problems come from having an underperforming thyroid, so I'm now on a thyroid friendly meal plan, which I'll be on for a month or two to see if I can control it with diet. I hope I can, because I don't want to take pills every day of my life.

And really, the diet doesn't cut out all that much--mostly stuff I shouldn't be eating anyway like white starches, fatty meats, excessive alcohol. I can eat all sorts of things I've been craving--dark chocolate, salmon, sushi, grapefruits, avocadoes--which, basically, just tells me I need to get back in the habit of listening to my body when it's telling me things.

So! When I get home, I'll post a proper discussion of what I've been going through and not talking about much, and in the weeks to come, I'll talk about how it's working and how I feel.

And, along the way, I'll talk about what I learn about this constellation of problems and how to fix it in case there are other people who feel as scrappy as I did.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...