Sunday, May 3, 2009

Eco Kitchens

CHOW ran an article that had thirteen neat eco-friendly kitchens, and I wanted to share my favorites:

Pangaia in Hawaii-- their kitchen just looks awesome, and it's open-air so you know the climate must be amazing. Wonder what they do during typhoons?

Eryn in British Colombia, Canada -- The kitchen is basic, but the spheres are awesome. They look like giant bird gourds and they're up a tree. How cool would that be to live in?*

The Flow Kitchen -- I actually saw this somewhere else, one of the other blogs I read. It's futuristic in exactly the way I like, and it's a closed-system that makes perfect sense to me. I want one so bad.**

Earthships -- I love the walls made of cement and recycled beer bottles-- like hundreds of tiny windows. And they can be as amazing as you choose. Fully customisable, endlessly creative.

That Roundshouse -- A sod-roofed handbuilt wonder of a home. Check out the seasonal pictures at the bottom of this page.



* In my head, my dream house is less a house, and more a close collection of green / sustainable modular homes all organized so that together, they form a fully functional home. I've got the T-House that's made of recycled wood beams, the sort of tree houses that balance on stumps, a yurt, a geodesic dome, a vardo... more that I can't remember right now. There's a folder on my computer somewhere.
**In my hodge-podge future modular home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...