Friday, February 3, 2012

This came in an email from Mark Morford

Don't know who that is? Look him up, he's fab--a writer and yoga instructor who does these great, irreverent, always slightly naughty columns that always amuse me.

Anyway:

"Hi again Sami! 

I know! So many MM newsletters in so little time! Hope it's not too annoying. But really, what else are you gonna do right now, work?

I'll be brief. I need your help. Need your input. Apothecary

Here's the gist: I have a new iPhone app coming out soon. See it right there? It's called Mark Morford's Apothecary. Big strange wonderful compendium of curated columns, a quote generator, a recommendation engine, that sort of thing. Totally fun, thoroughly awesome, completely vainglorious in all the right ways. And I could use your help filling part of it.

The app's personal recommendation engine (called Rx) is divided into five categories. Moan. Devour. Listen. Obey. Imbibe. I'll let you guess what each one contains.

Imbibe is where you come in. Imbibe is all about cocktails and related delights. And it needs recipes. YOUR recipes, is what I'm thinking.

I have a few fave drinks of my own, but not nearly enough to do this section proper justice. I could simply scour various cocktail blogs and hot bar-tending books and fill it that way, but what fun is that?

So. Do you have a favorite cocktail or two that you love to make, that you make really well -- or at least really, really enthusiastically? Do you have a favorite way, time, person, attitude, mood, location, music, emotional state in which to enjoy it? Want to be included in the Apothecary, with your name attached to said concoction? Awesome.

Then do this. Click here and send me an email. Include the following:
  1. Name of your cocktail (can be traditional, or something you made up)
  2. Ingredients (include measures and maybe brand names. IE; 1/2 oz rye whisky, 2oz Hangar One Kaffir Lime, shot of pickle juice, three ice cubes, two angel tears, etc)
  3. Procedure/technique for whipping it up  
  4. Type of glass/mug/container best sipped from 
  5. And special instructions or tips for enjoying (use your imagination)  
  6. Your name (if you want it included; I'll use first names and last initials, as in Mark M). Oh hey! If you have a PHOTO of said concoction, send it along (keep it small). I'll see if I can stick that in, too.  
That's it! I'll curate and choose the best for inclusion in the app. Be irreverent. Be strange. Be dirty, funny, or be totally profound and serious. I want it all (but be brief). Hot and cold drinks. Punch. Hangover cures. Virgin cocktails for you AA fans. Whatever.
Flaming martini
NOTE: "Real" drinks only. No Red Bull/vodka nastiness. Then again, if it makes the world a better place, I'm open. If you have beautiful, profound way of enjoying a single shot of whisky (for example), that might work, too.

What do you get in return for sharing your divine good taste? My unconditional love. Appreciation. The endless gratitude of anyone who gets the app and makes your drink. Isn't that enough? What else you gonna do right now, work?

Come on. Show me your cocktail. You know you want to."

Now to decide what drinks I'll send him...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...