Friday, December 5, 2008

Day 7: 12-5-08

Yesterday, I was given a big handful of oranges and tangerines from a friend's grandma's yard, and instead of going the easy rout and grabbing a bag, I just carried them home in my skirt and my pockets to save the plastic and stick with Number 34. Whoo! I remembered! And I did not take the easy way out!

And when I eat them, I'm going to save the seeds for Number 42-- Christmas is almost upon us, so I think I need to get to Biglots and rescue two little pine trees, plus all three of my cashew trees died because I left them outside in the cold when I should have brought them in, so I've got six more I need to plant. It'll probably be three new cashews, kept inside until spring, and then two tangerines and an orange, since all my citrus trees died, like, two years ago, and mail order companies can't ship citrus to Florida. And they cost too much at the garden centers. If I can make room for the planter in my window, the cahews can be planted today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...