Tuesday, August 25, 2009

fat girl goes slim: progress!

I'm below 155! Our scale is not terribly accurate, and when I'm trying to read those little lines from all the way up by my head where my eyes are, they all sort of blur together, but it's most def below the 155 mark, and closer to the 150. Which is awesome. I don't know how much longer this will hold out, but I've basically just been eating more mindfully so that I generally eat less, even if I'm still not able to afford to eat better, I've upped my oolong tea intake, which kick starts my motabolism back to where it used to be when I was a tea fiend rather than just a tea addict, and I've started moving more when I'd usually just sit still-- like when I'm at work and I'm waiting for a customer, any customer, and I'd normally just be leaning against the counter, I try my best to stand upright, I tighten up my abs, I swing my arms back and forth, I bend and un bend my knees like little bitty shimmies. It ptobably makes me look impatient or wired, but it keeps me out of the no-customer malaise, and it burns off a little more than I burned before. Oh, and I tightened up my bike so that it's not so easy to coast and it's a little harder to pedal, which keeps me actively involved in getting to work, rather than just coasting around corners the whole way.

I'm also just trying generally to take more care of myself. I cleaned up my room for the first time in ages yesterday, I've been using my day and night face creams, washing my face more, brushing my hair more, and I started wearing makeup again, even though there's no one who cares whether I do or not (which was my excuse for not wearing it before). Tomorrow, I'm going to do my hair for the first time in about four months, and when the next Avon order goes in, I'm getting a revitalizing hair mask. I'm paying more attention to when I got to bed, and trying to get up at a decent and consistent time in the morning. I've been researching suppliments that help with moods, with balancing hormones, with managing acidity imbalances, and as soon as I have money (ha!), I'll be adding a few to my diet here and there.

I figure, if I take care of myself better overall, maybe some of the weight gain will reverse just because it was a dumpiness of character that caused it. Hey, it couldn't hurt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...