Wednesday, August 26, 2009

letters to the aether

Dear body,
We've got a long way to go together. It'd be nice if we could agree on things sometimes-- like digestion. And having a functioning reproductive system. And keeping a decent dopamine balance. You know, just to make the years skate along a little easier. You're not getting out of this without me, and I'm not ready to go for another century, at least. I mean, with medical science what it is / what it looks like it's going to be, we could be around for ages. Especially if those Futurists are right and the Singularity is only twenty years away. Don't worry; in a post-human world, I don't have much interest in giving up a physical form. i'll just decorate the crap out of you. If I get you some iridiphores and chlorophyll, will you behave? How about a prehensile tail? Think how convenient that'd be.
Love,
Me

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...