Friday, September 10, 2010

new drama: lost wallet

Somewhere between signing up for a gym membership around 2 yesterday and going back around 6 to actually use my membership, I lost or someone stole my wallet. There was definitely enough stuff in there for someone to go all identity fraud on me, so now I have to call all the banks and get new cards, call the credit agecies and put a new-credit hold on all my scoresheets, maybe sign up for an identity theft watchdog service so if someone tries later, I'm protected, report it to the cops so there's a flag in the system, get a new ID card, get a new SS card (which I didn't carry for, like, 10 years and then put in there because I needed it for school, and then forgot to take out again), and on and on and on. It's such a hassle. I had my purse stolen once when I was in High School, but I didn't have a bank account or any credit cards at that point, and now it's both harder and more expensive to deal with this crap.

So that's my drama right now.

I'll make a clearer post about it all when I know how it all goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...