Tuesday, September 14, 2010

random thoughts: chairs

I love sitting in chairs. It makes me feel like human history has led to something tangible-- we no longer have to sit in the dirt or on a bare floor: we have chairs. I'm a cross-legger. Usually, no matter what seat I'm sitting in, I'll pull my legs up Indian-style and stay that way until my feet fall asleep. I used to be the sort to cross my legs one over the other-- in high school I could cross them at the knee and then loop my foot back around and cross at the ankle, too, and it was comfy. I'm too chubby for that now, but sometimes I still try.

I like deep chairs with a lot of space for my legs and somewhere to prop my feet. I like soft chairs that I can sleep in when I get nap-tired and need a little downtime. Which is pretty often when I don't have anything else to do, since I'm basically a cat on my own schedule. I like chairs with good back support and good arm-rests.

I like curling up with a book and settling in. I could live in a chair if it was comfy enough.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...