Monday, September 6, 2010

robin mckinley reminds me of more life requirements

I want to live somewhere...

close enough to it's natural and pastoral heritage to have decent agricultural fairs, preferably of something I like, like corn or strawberries or bread. Or all of the above.

where I can have a huge garden to build my little writing cottage in, and where roses will grow without me having to constatly worry about them.

where the cats can go outside without having to worry about fleas too much, and where they won't be squashed by cars, in-rabied by squirrels, or attacked by dogs.

with a proximity to something not-writing-related where I can dive in and really get into it-- beekeeping, silversmithing, jam-making coops, a tea plantastion, an old library of rare finds that needs a curator and archivist, something. Something I want to do and can't do here for whatver reason, so I can love it as much as she loves bells.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...