Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New Home

(which sounds like a space colony, maybe in the Firefly universe...)

I now live in a corner of my mom's livingroom on two mattresses stacked into a bed and a few plastic crates arranged into a shelving unit. I feel a little like an immigrant in an old movie, especially when I'm folding laundry or something equally as domestic. But I'm starting to settle in, and now that I have internet, I can start building back into a real living pattern, instead of acting like it's basically a vacation. Which it sort of was, until I had no more excuses for not doing stuff.

The weirdest part about moving to NC? It's a higher elevation, and even though it's not much higher, it's enough that I feel like I can't catch my breath sometimes, and I'm really easily tired. Seriously, it's like I have a cold or something, except I don't. This happens every time I come up here, but I never stayed more than a week or so, so I don't know how long it'll take to adapt.

I haven't found a job yet, but I did join a gym, which has been pretty great. It's big enough that they have a pool, and I'm already feeling stronger after only a handful of visits. And the cost of keeping my membership (which isn't much) will spur me to get a job sooner, rather than later. The finances won't last until the end of the term, which I was hoping I could make it do, but Things Happened and now it won't work, and I didn't really expect it to anyway, so there's that.

Today I started sorting things out. Tomorrow, I'm working on building a pattern, and a routine. I've been without one for ages, and it's weird having to start from scratch, like I never had one at all. But I'm getting used to the idea that I don't have to go back, and things are this way now.

So there's that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...