Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Dear My Future Husband #2

I'm sure I'll expect a lot of you. I was raised on rom coms and epic tales of love that beats all the odds, and I just don't see why real life expects love to be lame. I hate those commercials that seem to be everywhere where they lady just puts up with the guy being a total ass just because they're presumably in love.

That's not what love looks like.

And I don't put up with anyone treating me badly, so don't think you'll get away with being a jerk--even a low level jerk--just because you're a dude. That's stupid and immature, and I expect you, if you love me, to act like it. I mean, all of society expects me to take care of you, and if I love you, I will, but there is absolutely no reason that means you don't have to take care of me, too. Love is a two way street, buddy. If I'm not appreciated, it tells me this isn't really love, and you're meant to be my Future Husband, so you'd better act like I mean as much to you as you mean to me, okay?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...