Monday, June 9, 2014

#IMadeAThing

I think birthdays are a good time to take stock with less pressure than New Years, and a lot more personal meaning. This year, I set a few goals, and the first one I've gotten to is IMadeAThing.

I've been feeling for a while like I need to have some creative expression that doesn't depend exclusively on words, but for whatever reason, I never just say down and did it.

Then I read Messy Canvas, the ebook from Mandy Steward and her blog of the same name, and just a little permission to not be perfect from someone I've never even met was enough to get me moving. I have all sorts of art supplies laying around, just sort of random bits of them.

So I'm starting with what I have: #1 was done with the three colors of paint I have and some glitter; #2 with some really old oil pastel nubs I've had since that art class I took in college.

And let me tell you: it's great. I was so happy after number one that I literally threw my hands up in the air and smiled every time I looked at it for days.

And here's the best part, for me: I'm going to post them on Society6 for people to buy! I don't know how to make links on mobile (this is being written on my phone while I babysit), but search for CashewCreations and and you should find the first one!

Do you make art? How, and with what supplies? Link to pics!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...