Monday, May 11, 2015

I didn't planner-Ize this week and I'm already regretting it



Usually, Sunday is Planner Day. I review the week I just finished, I do some hopefully useful journaling on how I felt and what I accomplished and what I didn't, and then I set up the week's planner pages. That involves what I'm going to watch on tv each day, since I Livetweet a lot, what blog posts I'm glin to make, various business tasks, my schedule and daily tasks, and what I nee to do for my various novels and writing projects. 

But this week, I felt loopy and weird on Saturday and didn't really think about how Mother's Day meant I'd miss my usual planning hour (or so). And now it's Monday, I don't have a plan, and I'm away from my desk, my planner, and all my stuff!

See, I didn't really think of myself as a Planner Person. I like the washi tape (I'm kind of obsessed with washi, actually), and the stamps and stickers and stuff, but I didn't think I'd be this useless without a plan. But now I see that that hour or two that I take on Sunday afternoons most weeks does more than set me up with the list of things I need to do over th next week. It also gives me a chance to remember what I'm trying to accomplish with my life, and to realign what has to happen with what I want to happen.

I check in with my Desire Map Most Desired Feelings. I review my Passion Planner. I think about where I am and where I'm going. I decide what the week's goals will be. I decide what the next few plot point in my stories will be, and what crafting projects in going to work on, and which new colors I'm going to add to the shop.

This week, I'm already down a day. But I'm re-dedicated to keeping to my plan! And it'll help me live how I want to live, because how I'm living now is not sustainable.

Do you have a planning day? What do you do when you sit down on that day?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...