Saturday, April 24, 2010

more about weight and ideals

According to the interwebs, if my wrist stays the same, I should have a waist of just over 25 inches. I have about ten inches more than that. But also according tot he interwebs, waist and hip should be about ten inches off eachother, and I do have that, so... I'm horribly fat, but in perfect proportion?

I don't know why I look at those charts. I keep wanting to have some sort of goal, something to compare to, but all it does is make me think that the charts want me to be way too skinny. When I weighed 100 lbs, which is 20lbs less than they say my ideal is, I had a 24 inch waist.

But also also according to those charts, my neck is good, and my arms and calfs are below where they want them to be. So... it's just my butt that's huge. Got it.

I lost two pounds this week, and I'm pretty sure it's because we haven't turned the air on yet. It's warm in here, and that makes me less likely to sit around eating when I'm home. And it's hot outside, which makes me less likely to want the heavy, starchy things I usually eat at work. I've pretty much switched naturally and without any trouble at all to what I call my Summer Diet-- I just don't want solid foods more than once a day, I don't want heavy starches, I don't want heavy or greasy meat. I want juice and apples and berries and sorbet and lemonade and sweet tea and yogurt. So I've been eating less, drinking more, and sweating like a pig, and I'm down two pounds. That doesn't sound like much, but I'm really short-- it shows. Already, my waist is narrower, and that corner of my hip that was starting to look like a shelf is starting to smooth out again.

I think I'm okay with this. I'm aiming for 130 first, to see if I can get it, and I'm under 150 now, so it seems easier. Then I'll see about 120, which is what I weighed when I started college and what the charts say is the upper end of ideal-- it's where I was comfortable. Less than that, and a stiff breeze can knock me off my feet. So there we go. I'm still on my same plan, even after all those charts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...