Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My Core Desired Feelings


In Danielle LaPorte's The Desire Map (linked in the Affiliations tab up above!), she talks about planning your life besed on how you want to feel, rather than what you want to own, and then picking your actions based on what will make you feel the way you want to feel. Being a schedule-averse and overly-creative sort, I'm in love with this take. And I'm putting my words here for accountability.

She suggests three words, but I picked five because five is my fav number.* 

Abundance - encompasses the necessary income increases I'm working on, but also the feeling that I'm not lacking, and that I can afford to be generous.

Fulfilled - applies to emotional, lifestyle, creative, aspirational, basically all active and interactive parts of my life.

Secure - because I spent too much of last year worried we were going to be homeless or hungry, worried about my health, worried about whether or not my friends actually like me. No more.

Inspired & Inspirational - because I need to remember to fill my well, because I want to surround myself with people on trajectories I like, and because I want to be so overflowing (abundance again) that I inspire others to live better just by being here.

And
Unconventionally Whole - because the usual ways don't always fit me, and I need to remember to be myself. All of myself.

Do you have Core Desired Feelings? The trick I found was to pick words that apply across categories to multiple areas of your life. What would yours be?




NOTES
* five is like a wheel, it spins. My other fav number, three, is like a trinary star revolving, but between them is four, which is too rigid and doesn't go anywhere. It's like solid slate-blue stone. It's like the Pandorica.^
^This is number-syn messing with me again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...