Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Three ingredient chocolate-hazelnut salted-caramel mug cake

(Which I made in a bowl)


So easy! I looked at a couple flourless mug cake recipes, merged them together, and made this:

4 tbsp Jif Salted-Caramel Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread
1 egg
1/8 tsp baking powder

Scramble the crap out of that egg, until it's as uniform as possible
Add the not-Nutella and mix it until it's totally blended and no egg-streaks remain
Put into a single-serving bowl or an oversized mug
Nuke for one minute

It'll puff a lot when it cooks, and then totally collapse because there's no gluten to hold the puff. That's fine; the bubbles you whipped into the egg should hold some volume, and the rest will be fudgy awesomeness.
Let it cool; when it's fresh out, it's eggy. 

It's yummy.

I think I'll try whipping the eggs separately with the electric mixer and fold in the fluffed whites and see what that does. And I'll try the other million favors that everyone has come up with while trying not to plagiarize Nutella!

And maybe I'll try oat or rice flour and see if it is worth that complication, like some of the fancier recipes I looked at.

Do you make mug cakes? What's your fav?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...