Thursday, September 3, 2009

fat girl goes slim: setbacks!

Work slowed down, the weather got crappy, and next thing you know, I'm off work for four days and I start putting the weight back on. Just a few days less on my feet, and I can't keep it off, it's crazy. So I'm going to try to squeeze in some extra movement again, doing something fun-- I have rollerskates I need to learn to use, and I have a hulahoop, and somewhere I have a jumprope...

And I found something online that said just holding your stomach as far in as you can for as long as you can a few times a day can burn fat the way yoga does.

And I'm going to start biking the long way home-- it adds about five or ten minutes to the haul, and goes over rougher roads.

And I might go on a minifast when I get paid next. I've been eating really poorly lately, mostly carbs and salt, and that's got to be counterproductive, so I think I'm going to get some protein shakes and some low-sodium soups and some lemonade and a bunch of salad fixings and so on, and go off wheat for a week and see if it helps any. I used to do that for most of the summer, but I've been so poor lately that I've been eating poor-people food, and it's not doing me any good.

I think what I really need is to get my flippin' period. I skipped last month entirely-- every time I try to get back in shape, I skip a month or three-- and I keep feeling like I'm getting all the water-gain and none of the water-loss that should happen once it starts, because it's not starting. I think that's probably a totally different problem that I've been battling for years now, but hormone imbalances are supposed to be helped by fixing diets, too...

Okay, now I'm just rambling.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...