Tuesday, December 1, 2009

shonagonisms: moments when I feel connected to the grand history of all women

When I'm stripping all the flesh off a carcass to make stock to last us through the winter.

When I'm kneading the dough or leaving it covered in a dishtowel before making bread.

When I'm standing barefoot in the kitchen, making a yummy dinner.

When I'm standing barefoot in the garden, tending to plants that will make food for my family.

When I'm cooking up a batch of Winter Salve to keep the dryness from devastating my heels.

When I first lace up a new corset.

When I hold a brand-new baby.

When I'm putting on my makeup for a night out, and especially when I'm adding perfume.

When I'm in bed with someone I love, and almost, almost there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...