Sunday, May 13, 2012

Frankenpolish Swatching: The Yellow Eyed Demon Beta 1


This is The Yellow Eyed Demon on my accent nails, with Sinful Color's Happy Ending (the green) on the rest, which I thought coordinated nicely and also is named ironically*. This is four coats of Yellow (which I think is really too many), and as you can see, you can still see the nail line under it. I think it needs some duochrome-ness added to it, but I don't have anything to duo it and all the starter colors were pretty sheer, so that's how it is. Beta 1 is counted as a partial success, as I like how it's going and it's more than wearable, but I think it still needs work. I think, after I manage to order the supplies, I'm going to try recreating it from scratch and see if I can't fix the issues this franken has.

The Happy Ending is not quite glossy, went on sheer, and though it's a pretty color, I think I need to stop buying SC's bright greens--they're always so thin. What am I saying? I'll keep buying them even knowing that.

So what do you think?



*This being named after The Yellow Eyed Demon from Supernatural, which doesn't really have much in the way of Happy Endings at all, ever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...