Saturday, May 5, 2012

ThoughtQuestion #793: What's a song that contains a lesson you live by?

I don't know that I have only one song that I live by, but I do know that there's a handful of songs that continue to speak to me as the years pass, songs that I will replay whenever they come up on shuffle.

Right now, the inside of my head looks an awful lot like a Florence + The Machine music video, and I'm totally alright with that. She speaks to something that needs to be spoken to inside me, and we seem to have similar ideas of how fantasy and reality intersect.

But here's a playlist of songs to know the inside of my head, in whatever order I think of them in:

Florence + The Machine - What the Water Gave Me
Florence + The Machine - Howl
Florence + The Machine - Heavy in Your Arms
Florence + The Machine - Drumming Song
Depeche Mode and Glezpik - Macrocosm
Depeche Mode and Glezpik - John the Revelator
Rufus Wainright - Halleuja
David Bowie - Within You
David Bowie - Be My Wife
Deathcab for Cutie - Meet Me At the Equinox
Deathcab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body
Echo and the Bunnymen - Killing Moon
Splashdown - Karma Slave
Eliza Carthy - Train Song
Garbage - #1Crush
Nick Cave - Do You Love Me
Nick Cave - Into My Arms
Nick Cave - Weeping Song
The White Stripes - Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
VAST - Touched
Nick Cave - Red Right Hand
VAST - Pretty When You Cry
Nine Inch Nails - The Day the Whole World Went Away
Poe - Angry Johnny
Nine Inch Nails - We're In This Together
Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug
Rasputina - All Tomorrow's Parties
VAST - Somewhere Else To Be
Rasputina - Crosswalk
Gary Jules - Mad World
Rasputina - Hunter's Kiss
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
MIA - Paper Planes
Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone
Slashdown - A Charming Spell
Wolfsheim - A Million Miles
Beborn Beton - Another World
Bright Eyes - A Perfect Sonnet
Voltaire - Almost Human
KT Tunstall - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
Voltaire - Bachelor(ette)
Peter Murphy - I'll Fall With Your Knife


...and this is getting long enough

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...