Monday, March 31, 2014

Time for a change - New hair color and a new tattoo

I've been feeling restless and looking for a change again, and since I can't move somewhere less stupid*, I decided to just go for it. I've been wanting to dye my hair purple for a while, and I've been craving a new tattoo for yonks, and my sister decided of her own accord to help me out with both. She took me to the neat little Korean Beauty Supply place up the road and I got some fab purple hair dye, and then she paid for me to get a tattoo that matches the ones she and mom were also getting (though it wound up costing twice as much as we thought, and though we all decided to get different interpretations of the theme).

First, the hair!**


Before and after! Wow, my hair's getting long! And wow, it's not really purple, but came out actually sort of a purple-leaning red. In a few weeks, I'm going for a bluer, deeper purple, and then it'll be awesome. Here's what it looks like in sunlight, the day after I dyed it...


And for the tattoo, My sister got a whole branch with twelve or thirteen flowers on it, but I had a smaller space to work with***, so I decided to go with three flowers. Three is my favorite number, and it's how many of us girls are in this immediate family, and it's how many kids we are, so it covers quite a lot of ground.


All my tatts are blue, so I went with all blues here, too, and I LOVE how they turned out! This is a good show of where they are and what it looks like (though reversed, because it's a mirror-shot, obvi). It's going to look SO COOL with tanktops and bathing suits this summer!


And this is my favorite of the pictures my sister took while the work was being done. I just love it. If you're in the Raleigh area, this was done by Dave at Immortal Ink in Wakeforest, and he's a trip. Sang songs to me about the work as he was doing it, joked with my mom and my sister, kept things goofy so I wouldn't get nervous or too tense, and his art is great!


Notes:
*NC is not as great a place to live as they'd have you think.
**These pictures originally appeared on my IG page.
***She did her whole back; I just wanted my shoulder, since my back is reserved for my wings that I haven't actually gotten yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...