Friday, February 18, 2011

and just like that, it's spring

I don't know if it'll last, but when I came out of the house this morning to go to work, it was spring. A classic Lobby on the Lawn* sort of day. The sky was clear, the air was warm, the flowering plum across the street from the school was in full bloom, dropping pretty white flower-petals like snow. When I got to work, the shrubs I lock my bike up next to were covered in little white flowers that smell like roses, and the place was practically humming with bees. I haven't seen a bee downtown in months, and now there's a million in one place. The buds on the mulberries are opening up into little baby leaves. The peach tree is budding. If my rose comes back, winter's done!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...