Tuesday, February 22, 2011

today's tea... tuesdsay, february 22, 2011

...is Mystery Pu-Erh! I found it in a jar on the shelf, and I don't remember where I bought it. Maybe at the herb shop? Maybe at one of the hippie stores? Who knows! But it has that distinctive crinkly look of Pu-Erh, and Pu-Erh is supposed to be good for you, so there you go.

It totally lacks that old-shoe / musty head smell that most Pu-Erhs I've sniffed have. Doesn't even really smell like tea. When the water first hits it, it smells almost chemically, sort of acrid, but after it brews some, it makes a nice dark tea that smells like traditional black tea and good warm earth ready for planting. Up close, it smells... a little sweet, and warmer, like wool blankets.

The taste is... different from usual tea. It's mellow and dark, but not bitter, a little musty-- but that might be because it's old; since I don't remember where I got this, I don't remember what it tasted like when it was new. But not unpleasant, and the leaves showed no signs of being bad in any way, so I'm going to assume this is what it's supposed to taste like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...