Sunday, February 27, 2011

today's tea... sunday, february 27, 2011

I totally just wrote 1022 as the date when I was titling this. I think tea wasn't even known to the west then--which is a very sad thought.

Anyway.

Today we have: Kwai Blossom Oolong.

I got it from one of the coffee shops in town, and I don't think they sell it anymore, which makes me sad because it's a nice one. Oolongs are never bitter in my experience, and this one has a nice golden-brown shade. The blossoms are very subtle-- just a little floralness in the background. When it was new, a teeny-tiny bit of fruitiness, but that seems to have passed The Way Of All Things.

The leaves have the characteristic look of oolong: super-crinkly when dry, big and not-quite-black when steeped. I usually use about a palmful of leaves for my favorite teapot, and these leaves open up a lot more than, say, the average black tea I have. Not as much as Panfired Green or Dragonwell, though.

It's a lovely, mellow oolong, good for frequent drinking. I think it makes me have to visit the bathroom more than the average tea, though, so maybe not for frequent drinking on road trips.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...