Wednesday, February 2, 2011

today's tea...

Some generic looseleaf Oolong. I bought a pound of it years ago and I'm only just now getting down to the end of it* and starting to consider getting an order together** for more. It's gotten stronger and a bit less complex over the years I've had it, but it's still super-drinkable, and it's great early in the morning. This post is going up at almost 10, but I got up and made it an hour ago, and it's exactly what I needed.

Goes well with a breakfast of an old toasted crumpet with butter and raspberry-redcurrant jam, too. The crumpet, however, needed some clotted cream. If I remember when I go shopping, I'll pick up some whipping cream and make some.



* A pound of tea is literally the size of my head. It filled up two of the spagetti-sauce-size mason jars and I still had a whole ziploc-bag full. Most of that went into things like my henna mix and this tea-infused cake I tried once (it wasn't very good; needed work). Tea is very light and a pound is a LOT.
** They're a great website, but they have a 35$ minimum order, and each thing is usually about four dollars, so I have to need several things to make an order.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...