Monday, April 2, 2012

The Burning Question: What would you like to stop doing?

I've been thinking a lot about being happy. I'm not going to talk too much about what I'm actually doing, because it feels like it's still an internal thing right now, but I'm doing things. And in the process of doing things, I found Ms Danielle LaPorte, and she has these Burning Questions.

Today's is: What would you like to stop doing?

Such a simple question, yet so much stuff comes with it. I think there's probably more that I want to stop than that I want to start right now, but I also think that I'm still working on not being negative, on not looking at things like a loss, a trial, a scarcity. Here are some of the things I want to stop doing:
  • Being negative, to myself and to the world
  • Working jobs I don't like just to survive
  • Feeling inadequate
  • Being unhappy, and falling into the trap of unhappiness, where it feels like that's the only option
  • Being too poor to think of anything else
I think five is a good number. It's a pretty number, one that feels dynamic and sort of red-gold to me. Like it might jump up and change things just by being there. So we'll stop at five, and we'll think about those five things for a while, and we'll see what we can do about them.

What do you want to stop doing?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...