Saturday, April 7, 2012

Memery: Question 1 - What are the first 6 songs that play on shuffle?

 (Got this from a music website, but it looks like it's actually one of Kate Beaton's)

 The question actually says "in iTunes", but I took iTunes off because it kept stalling my poor old computer, and I'm on the house comp anyway, because it's faster, so I'm using Google Music, where all my stuff is uploaded in case my desk comp dies.

So here we have:

"All Turns to Yesterday" by Medieval Baebes / Worldes Bliss
     I like this one, but I don't think it's the best example of the Baebes at their utterly most beautiful.

"Greensleeves" by Loreena McKinnet / Celtic Moods
     One of my favorite songs ever, but somehow LM, who is a Celtic singer, manages to make it sound less Celtic in this version.

"I Hate You" by... who even knows? It's one of the poorly tagged ones in my inventory.
     But it has a great industrial / bellydance sound. Marylin Manson? Let's see what Shazam says...Shazam says it's actually called "Slept So Long" and it's from the Queen of the Damned Soundtrack. And it's by Korn, growling and remarkably melodic.

"The Doodle Song" by the Proclaimers / The Best of...
     I got everything these beautiful Scots ever made up to the point of getting, but I don't think I've ever actually heard this one. I love how their accents come through in their singing, though.

"Angry White Boy Polka" by Weird Al / Poodle Hat
     Exactly why I love this man's songs. And, you know, all those angry white boys need to be sillyfied--I like all these songs better this way.

And last, but not least, we have...

"Lean On Me" by the Housemartins / London 0 Hull 4
     Every single time I see the name "Hull" I think "Stop saying bloody Hull!". Also, this isn't that Lean On Me, but it's lovely.

What are your first six songs?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...