Friday, April 13, 2012

Thought Questions: What do you wish you saw more of?

From: http://thoughtquestions.com/archives/2639


I wish I saw more of my friends who have moved away, or whom I have moved away from. I'm working on this by slowly reconnecting with everyone, and when I have income again, I'm going to start saving up for an Awesome Person Fund, so I can afford to go visit people, and then it won't matter where I live, I can see whoever I want AND travel.

I wish I saw more people being nice to each other. I don't really see a lot of people being mean to each other, but there's a huge amount of people being indifferent, at best, and I just remember one time when I was on a bus in Orlando, and we were going through a sort of seedy part of town; there was a car that had died in an intersection, and this little old lady was upset about it, and these four rough-looking cholo dudes came and pushed her car out of the way and got under the hood and helped her get moving again. Those were guys who looked scary standing on the corner, and they totally helped that lady without any question or threat or anything, and it was lovely.

I wish I saw more of the places I used to live when I was a kid. I don't like going back to places I left because I hated them, but there were lots of places I left because I was a kid and I couldn't stay on my own--I want to go back and see them with adult eyes, see how they've changed, see how many of the people I remember still live there, see how well I remember where all the secret places are, and whether those places are still there. Dunoon, especially. I have dreams where I go back there, and walk along the Promenade and up Victoria Circle, and into the houses, and find ours there on the corner, and tell people who live there that I used to live there, and I planted all those daffodylls.*


*I know this is spelled wrong, but I like it better this way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...