Monday, December 15, 2014

We are fina-fucking-ly moved


This has been the worst move ever. Everything that could go wrong has, short of, like, a flood or a major injury (knock on wood), but we are finally finished!

I spent the first half of our move putting stuff into themed boxes and dropping the filled boxes where they were gonna go. And then we hit that holy-shit-we-have-to-be-out-soon phase of the move, and that plan all went to hell, so that I was left with a pile in each room and nowhere to sit or stand or lay down or anything anywhere.

But you know what? That's fine. Because it's like that picture-puzzle thing where you move a piece so you can move another piece, and just by moving stuff around I have managed to set up two bookshelves, a computer desk and a workspace! 

That's the workspace up above--and I'm so excited about it! For the first time in my life, I have a dedicated surface for stuff! For making my nail polish, for writing, for art or journaling or crafting! Only for those things! 

It's amazing.

I've hated every second of this move, but having the chance to decide new places for furniture and better surfaces to work on makes it a little better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...