Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tipsy Tuesday - Cardamom-Rose Cocktail

(pic / recipe credit: http://www.designsponge.com/2009/07/behind-the-bar-apothecary-cardamom-rose-cocktail.html)


I'm not normally a fan of gin, but I love cardamom and I love rose (as you've likely noticed by now, if you follow this blog), and I think I could get past my distaste for gin to try this one. And if it's really still like licking a tree, I could infuse rose and cucumber in vodka and go with that, I think.

Here's the recipe for this week:

Cardamom Rose Cocktail: 
Ingredients:
1.5 oz of Hendrick’s gin (this is a rose & cucumber infused gin)
.75 oz of Rose syrup (make at home with rose water and simple syrup or buy locally)
.25 oz of Fresh lemon juice
.75 oz of Fresh grapefruit juice (ruby red preferably)
2 dashes of Peychauds bitters (Peychaud is credited with first creating the cocktail)
1 Cardamom Pod 
Methodology:
1) Lightly muddle 1 cardamom pod at the bottom of shaker (not too much muddling or it will overpower the drink)
2) Add the rest of the ingredients
3) Add ice
4) Shake for 20 seconds
5) Strain over fresh ice to remove the cardamom pod
6) Add a splash of seltzer water
7) Garnish with rose petals or fresh lemon wedge (use organic if possible)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...