Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What's Eating My Brain Right Now - Wk 20 2013


  1. I'm almost saved up for my trip to Tallahassee to see my twin-from-another-skin, H! I lived with him for almost a decade, and it's been almost a year since we parted ways, and I MISS HIM. Come July, I'm'a be a happy camper.
  2. I get to see a preview showing of Star Trek Into Darkness tonight because of my brother's magnanimity in buying me a ticket! I've been thinking about this all week, and about My Future Husband Benedict Cumberbatch*, and about how ST is probably my very first fandom, going all the way back to marathons showed during typhoons when I was living in Japan at age five. And what a great experience the first reboot movie was.
  3. Once I get my bus ticket**, I can buy my ukulele! What I really, really want is my Woodrow, but I love the idea of working up to the hand-crafted stuff, and I like ukes, and they're cool now, so they're easy to get my hands on. Think of all the new brain-pieces I'll be building!
  4. Season finales are killing me into tiny pieces - I don't do well with cliffhangers; they're conversations that haven't finished, like when you're on the phone and the signal drops you, and you can't get back to them.***
  5. I don't know how I'm going to pay for my storage, where everything I own is, next month, and it's kind of wearing on me.
  6. ACV! I was looking up what to do about swollen lymph nodes and came across an article that said Apple Cider Vinegar helps to break up mucous and cleanse lymph nodes, and so I was like, it costs almost nothing, why not give it a try? So I did yesterday, and today there's almost no swelling, next to no pain, and I'm sold. I've also been using it as toner on my face, which so far has done wonders for my rapidly-changing complexion****, it's about fixed my heartburn, it's supposed to help with weight loss, and it actually tastes pretty good when you dilute it down*****.
  7. I need to get more bottles for the nail polish shop so I can make the May colors, but I'm Short of Funds there, too******.
  8. I'm considering going vegetarian for a month or three after graduation and before the holidays to see if I can kick start the weight loss and the re-healthening, if the ACV doesn't cause a miracle to happen there--or maybe even if it does. I feel like I've been eating too much meat, fat, starch and salt, and not enough veggies, greens and cleaner protein. This might also be a good time to try going back to seasonal eating, as seasonal veg are cheaper!
  9. I have 40 new books to read from a Library Book Sale, and I'm just wallowing in the good fortune of so many pages I haven't crammed into my head yet. It's like living in a miniature book store!
  10. The Doctor Who season finale is this week, and the previews show Bessie and a tree from the Pertwee era and Clara might finally make sense--and then it should lead straight into the 50th, if all goes well. And then I have to wait another flippin' year for actual episodes, though we do get two specials this year between the 50th and the Christmas Special, so it's bittersweet in several directions.


Notes:
* David Tennant is and always will be Number One Future Husband, but the cloud of other Future Husbands around him has grown from four others a few years ago to about six or eight others now. Future Me is going to be busy! ~;)
** Because it's cheap, mostly, but also because it'll be an adventure. I haven't been on a road trip in ages, and I've been craving adventures in my life, so there's that.
*** Will Bones and Booth get married anyway? Will Jane get closer to Red John, and will the threats that imply Lisbon make them make out?? Will Deeks have to have his teeth drilled for four whole months before we see him again and will Kensi be able to help him past the trauma with her love??? Will Tony and Ziva freaking get married already????
**** My skin doesn't know what to do with North Carolina. It's been going bonkers since I moved up here, and it's taking all sorts of extra effort I didn't used to have to do to keep it from looking like a rosacia-blotched oil slick every day.
***** For toner, 1 part ACV and 2 water; for various drinking purposes, 2 tbsp in 16 oz water.
****** Which is why it's taken me eight weeks to save less than 100$ for a bus ticket, and another three weeks for 25$ to get my uke!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...